One of the most common cosmetic treatments we provide at our Kingston, PA office is teeth whitening. With this treatment, we can revitalize a dull or stained smile, making you look younger and feel healthier.
Teeth whitening is also a cost effective way to change the look of your entire smile. A common belief is that teeth whitening must be completed in-office with periodic appointments, but Dr. Smith offers the advantage of at-home teeth whitening. With a few minutes of preparation time each night, you too can whiten your teeth in the comfort of your own home and watch the transformation happen before your eyes.
Common Causes of Tooth Discoloration
As people age, their teeth usually begin to look darker and yellower. This is a common occurrence, resulting from a combination of factors including genetics, certain foods, oral hygiene, some medications, and regular wear on the teeth’s enamel. For example, people who drink coffee or red wine often experience semi-permanent tooth discoloration after long periods of regular use. Habitual smokers are also likely to be affected, as the nicotine and tar found in cigarettes actually stain the teeth’s enamel, compounding the yellowing effect over time.
Benefits of Teeth Whitening
- Improved Appearance: By whitening your teeth, you can drastically improve the look of your smile, making it appear healthier and more aesthetically pleasing by removing stains and discoloration.
- Boosted Self-Confidence: Having whitened teeth will not only make you look good, but they will make you feel good. This feeling will extend to your disposition, making you feel more confident and have higher self-esteem.
- Affordable Cosmetic Treatment: When it comes to cosmetic dentistry, many patients choose teeth whitening because it provides an affordable way to make improvements to smile aesthetics.
- Quick Results: With our in-office teeth whitening procedure, Dr. Ian Smith can have you sporting a whiter smile in as little as one office visit. Afterward, you will use a set of take-home trays with a whitening gel to maintain your look.
- No Pressure: Teeth whitening is a completely optional treatment as stained teeth have no real negative effect on your oral health. Because of this, there is no real sales pressure placed on you. You should pursue teeth whitening because it is something you want, not something you feel obligated to purchase.
Complete Your Teeth Whitening at Home with Opalescence
Opalescence Teeth whitening is a quick and easy procedure here at our Kingston office. During your visit, you will be provided with customized trays, which are molded to perfectly fit your teeth while also protecting your gums. At home, you will place a small dot of whitening gel on each tooth impression. Next, place the trays on your teeth and gently press down to spread the gel. After the time interval given by Dr. Smith, remove the trays and clean the remaining gel out of your trays.
We can also provide in-office teeth whitening if that is your preference. Contact our office to learn more.