Brighten Your Smile with Dr. Smith
No one wants to go through life with a yellow smile. If your teeth are stained or discolored, we can revitalize your appearance with teeth whitening. We feature both in-office and at-home treatment options for your convenience.
Causes of Stained Teeth
There are a variety of factors that contribute to stained or discolored teeth. Some of the most common include:
- Inadequate Oral Hygiene — Failing to brush and floss daily will result in your enamel breaking down.
- Age — As you get older, your teeth naturally become darker and yellower.
- Medications — Certain medications, such as tetracycline and doxycycline, can contribute to discolored teeth.
- Foods and Beverages — Foods such as blueberries, pomegranates, and curry, as well as beverages such as coffee, red wine, and soda, are all known teeth stainers.
- Tobacco — Smoking or chewing tobacco leaves yellow nicotine stains on your teeth and will eventually cause them to rot.
Your Whitening Treatment Options
When you choose to enhance your smile at our practice, we offer two equally effective options. Depending on your needs, you can schedule an in-office whitening procedure or you can take home our Opalescence trays.
If you choose in-office whitening, Dr. Smith can brighten your smile in just one short appointment. He’ll also provide you with whitening gel and a set of take-home trays so you can maintain your smile at home.
Alternatively, with just a few minutes of simple preparation each night, you can achieve the results you’re looking for in the comfort of your own home. Our take-home trays are customized to fit your teeth perfectly and protect your gums.
Benefits of Teeth Whitening
Teeth whitening offers a range of benefits, including:
- Improved Appearance
- Increased Self-Confidence
- Fast Results
- Non-Surgical/No Recovery